Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Melt my cold, cold heart

I wanted to include a post about winter fashion, since it's getting cold very fast.

Here are my tips to keep warm (and beautiful!) over this holiday season

  • Make Up
Keep it dark. I love the new black lipstick MAC has come out with. However, this isn't a look many people are into, but I think it would look great with a little black dress, giant cold necklace and hair in a fancy up do.


Continuing on with make up, there are some nail polishes I love! I think dark reds and purples are great for winter, again staying with a dark color. (I swear I didn't pick this picture because of the Xmas bulb..)



  • Jewelry
I favor big pieces with little dresses or for special occassion, but sometimes they are needed to help out a boring outfit. I found this one, but I think it'd be better gold. I love gold for winter, it feels very regal to me.


Keep things fun with sequins! Big jewelry for big celebrations is fun and totally acceptable. I personally love the peacock feather. The colors are also so rich and vibrant.

  • Scarves
I wear scarves all year round, but this is one of the few seasons I can do it without someone asking me if I'm cold, because they think this is funny. This is actually a shawl, but I think it looks enough like a scarf that I have deemed it to be so. I love how big it is, with the over sized wooden buttons. I'm learning to knit just to make this.

  • Coffee!
This is a necessity even when it isn't winter for me. However, I normally just get a regular coffee, but after trying Starbucks Peppermint Mocha (with the whipped cream of course!) I fell in love. This is my favorite holiday treat as of late.

  • Gloves
I just posted about the gloves I want to come back in style, but here are some gloves that will keep your hands warm. These are from Urban Outfitters, I have almost the same pair and they are great. I like to sometimes slip an extra pair of thin gloves underneath when it gets really chilly so the ends of my fingers don't freeze but I still look cute haha.


Every season needs a great song.
I have fallen madly in love with the band The Milkshakes
So here's my winter song...
I want you by The Milkshakes

You give me your kiss, promise me your love
The keys to your door, but I want more

I want more, more of your kisses
I want more, more of your lovin'
Surrender to me...'cause I want you
Don't you know I want you?

You hold my hand, whisper in my ear
You touch my lips, say you'll always be near

I want more, more of your kisses
I want more, more of your lovin'
Surrender to me...'cause I want you
Don't you know I want you, girl?

'Cause I want you, don't you know I want you?
You hold my hand, whisper in my ears
You touch my lips, say you'll always be near

I want more, more of your kisses
I want more, more of your lovin'
Surrender to me..'cause I want you
Don't you know I want you ?
Don't you know I want you, girl?
'Cause I want you...

  • Socks
I can't get enough of big, comfy, warm socks. I love these knee high ones because it lets you wear your cute miniskirts from summer, without freezing your legs (and ass) off. Also they look rocking with ankle boots.

This pair are looser and would probably work better for everyday wear. I think they'd look really cute with some converse, over pants, bare legs or tights. Plus I love knit sweaters and socks and just looking at these make me yearn for a warm fireplace and a good book.


Now for the tights. I love colored tights right now, especially red. I got a pair at H&M and they are super warm. This is great when you want to wear a skirt. I'll admit one of my draw backs is what to pair them with, I often stick with a cute black dress, but other suggestions are welcome!
  • A snuggle buddy!
So this isn't exactly a requirement, or technically fashionable, but it will keep you damn warm on cold nights!


  • Knit sweaters
As previously mentioned I go nuts over knit sweaters and this one looks so ridiculously comfortable. I love the classic gray for a big sweater, but I think for the holidays you should spice it up and wear bold colors, bring on the red and green!

  • Bubble bath
I know the picture is a bit over the top, but a bubble bath on a cold night is so relaxing. This is the time of the year students are working extra hard, and families are pulling their money together for gifts, it's very stressful. Have a bubble bath and chill out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment