Friday, November 27, 2009

Ring, ring, ring Banana Phone!

So, as promised, here is my list for the ultimate home accessory - the telephone!

I love writing about clothing, but here is some fashion for your home, not just your closet. Since cell phones became popular, the home telephone has totally gotten the shaft, but I just wanted you to know, telephone, you're still number one to me!

Here's a list of some personal favorites...and just some ridiculous ones.
  • The Hamburger Phone
Juno made this phone very popular. They sell it at Urban Outfitters and it does look pretty rad. I prefer something more traditional, but this is awesome. I'm suddenly craving a big mac...hmm... ;)

  • The Fry phone
Well this transition seemed logical to me. I'm not even sure whether this is real or not but it is quite awesome. It looks like a child's phone, very kitsch.



  • The Mickey Mouse Phone
I had this phone growing up, or well my parents did. This is classic to me, we also had a Buzz Lightyear phone, but Mickey is the Disney symbol everyone recognizes and well it came first.


  • Retro Phone #1
I'm not sure which decade this is from, possibly the '70s. I love the shape of the handle, and it's a great blue. The buttons look so old fashioned, I just wish you could find phones like this everyday.


  • Lobster Phone
This is actually a piece done by Salvador Dali. This famous piece of art looks like a novelty. The black phone used here was actually a common phone (I just finished watching The Seven Year Itch and the main character has this phone). Oh, only Dali could pull this off. Go, Surrealism, go!


  • Retro Phone #2
I mainly just like this phone because of it's rich red color, however the old square shape is pretty cool. Also, phones with the twist dials make me weak in the knees. This is an unhealthy obsession, I know.


  • Retro Phone #3
I actually have a phone like this. Mine, however, isn't actually old, just fashioned to look that way. It's a little cheaper made than this one, but still classic looking.


  • Lips Phone
I have this phone as well. I was at Chapters and I walked by and as my eye caught sight of this beauty I stopped dead in my tracks. I HAD to have it. It looks like a wonderful piece of pop art.


  • Retro Phone #4
This phone is from circa 1920. I absolutely can't get enough of phones with the separate ear and mouth piece. I've seen a few places, mainly overpriced record shops, selling something similar, though not quite as nice. I refuse to pay 200 dollars for something that just simply looks retro though.

  • Princess Phone
Ah, my all time favorite!! This little beauty is from the 1970s, and comes in a variety of pastel hues. Kitchen Aid has released blenders in similar colors, and I dream at night of having a matching pink princess phone and blender in the future...

  • Retro Phone #5
This phone reminds me a lot of #3, with the exception it is square. It actually makes me think of a cake, the white finish on it looks like frosting. (I'm salivating as I write this..because if there is one thing I love more than phones, it's sweets)


Hope everyone enjoyed reading this! I have a few ideas for future posts, but suggestions are always welcome! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment